When I meet new people they ask me what I work with…and to be honest…explaining is actuall not that easy, especially for people outside the online sphere. This gave me an idea, to write small posts recaping the week that has pased explaining on some of the issues I work on. I this way you might better understand what a conversion specialista aka web analyst job is truly like. I promise you it is not as glamourous as you think…
Week 2, January 2011.
- First week on the New Year. We had hoped to have a new site release up by now but now it looks it will happen in the end of the month. You know how development is, not a straight road.
- I documented on the whiteboard the development process for the rest of the year. This has to do with the previous post I wrote about conversion increase as part of the business development process. What I have done is to put small notes on the whiteboard to visualize the actions we will work during the year.
- I have worked on doing the same thing for a second website. The progress of this website is not as far as the first one mostly due to the fact that a vision of the business is lacking. I cannot stress the importance of having a vision that is driving you.
- We had several meetings with our designer concerning the new logo. We finally decided that we want the logo to feel more newsworthy than corporatate. The logo that won the logo contest was not used at all – waste of money but it assisted to narrow our current view.
- I had an interesting meeting with one of the guys working with the core analytics team. We discussed what we could do with all data we have collected. We share the common view that the difference between companies that become sucessful in todays online environment are the ones that use data in their decision process. Personally I want us to move towards a predictive analytics path and ultimately towards prescriptive analytics.
- I created a handout document describing why and how one can increase the conversion for casino websites. We designed a new casino landing page according the recommendations. I must say it looks good lets now see how it performes.